What is it that keeps you going?
What gets you out of bed in the morning to go for a run?
What pushes you out of your comfort zone to try something new?
Motivation. It may look different from person to person but it is what keeps us going, keeps us driven for success. But staying motivated can be hard,
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily,” Zig Ziglar.
Here are some tips for staying motivated:
- Make a motivations wall. Print off inspirational quotes, pictures of your favourite things and words that make you smile – it is easy to do and so much fun to put together. Let your creativity soar.
- Find a gym buddy or join a fitness group. Having someone to help keep you reliable and keep you on task can be extremely helpful. Don’t have a friend nearby? There are lots of free running groups you could join – or start one!
- Make it about your health. Why do you want to be more active? Have you thought about all the ways not being active could have an effect on your health? Or perhaps you are currently struggling with an acute or chronic disease, have you explored the benefits physical activity can have on managing your symptoms and treating many illnesses?
- Set goals. Create goals, post them all over your house (or at least somewhere you will see daily) and use them as a way to push yourself every day.
- Reward yourself. Celebrate your success, whether it be by buying a cute new workout top or enjoying an afternoon of facemasks and bubble baths, make the time to mark your progress.